Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year

Well it is 2012 and from the blogman I want to send best wishes for the new year 2012. I hope that all of our lives will be blessed and happy in the forthcoming 12 months.


It looks like January's lunch will be held on the 30th. at The Golden Phoenix, same time. I have had many comments from the boys about our lunches and they for the most part have been positive. I think we all like having an easy parking situation and we have a choice of food that is ready as soon as we arrive. I think we should stay there for the time being unless anyone has major objections and if they do they can find us another venue.

Over the Christmas Holidays I received news, most of which you know by now, that our oldest living Feildian has been named to The Order of Canada. It was at the urging of Hugh Miller that I proceeded to gather the documents for Dr. Rusted's application. With the help of his nephew Chris Rusted (OF) and others like John Crosbie, Paul Johnson, Bill Rompkey and Ches Penney we put together an application that could not be refused. Dr. Rusted's daughter, Joan, provided the biographical information which gave a detailed history of her father's work in the medical field in Newfoundland. I know I speak for all old boys when I say three cheers for Dr. Rusted and of course a tiger. Thanks Hugh for putting a fire under my %^&$. Below is a picture of the recipient at one of our lunches.

Dr. Nigel Rusted at Winterholme for his 104th. birthday, July 2011. Photo courtesy of Peter Chalker

No comments: