Monday 20 February 2012

Form Prize Finally Found

You never know these days what will be in your email when you boot your computer. This is what happened to me this Friday past. I received an email form a lady in Colchester, Essex, England. She loves going to antique book stores to see what is interesting and strange. She happened to see an old copy of the novel Lorna Doone by Richard Doddridge Blackmore but upon opening it she received a surprise. On the inside of the cover was the image to the right. The inscription says the prize was awarded to G.E. LeMessurier for Sr. A.A. Upper VIA. The headmaster at the time was R.R. Wood. The prize was dated June 30, 1922. By the way G. E. LeMessurier played on the 1922 Rugby Team. See image below.

In my reply to the lady I asked how she was able to find my email address. She said that was simple. She said I googled "Non Moritur Cujus Fama Vivit" and found our blog site. Then she said I emailed you. Thank God for Google.

Any of you older boys know G.E. LeMessurier?

1922 Rugby Team

No comments: